Creamy garlic mushroom toast | Super quick, easy and delicious recipe!
I am by no means a master chef, but I do cook most days and enjoy experimenting – which is exactly where this creamy garlic mushroom toast idea came from!
We just happened to have these ingredients in our house and cravings are driving me mad – so this was more on a whim than planned out for lunchtime.
I had a few looks over a couple recipes and decided none of those were for me, so I tried out my own. I hope you will all enjoy this creamy garlic mushroom toast recipe. Be sure to send me pictures of your creations!
What you'll need:
- Any mushrooms you like. I used 6 large closed cup mushrooms
- Bread. Again, any you like, I used 2 slices of tiger loaf.
- 3 tbsp double cream. This is optional really, I think it smelt great before using the cream too! Single cream would probably work as well.
- 20g grated Parmesan.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tbsp of butter. I would recommend not using a buttermilk based butter as this will split (like mine)
- A pinch of thyme
- Half a tbsp of parsley
- A pinch of salt and pepper
Before we start, peep my incredible egg carousel (from Amazon for £9.99 but has now gone up to £12.99)
- Chop your garlic and mushrooms, the garlic should be finely chopped and the mushrooms can be chopped however you like.
- Melt the butter in whatever you’re using to cook (saucepan, frying pan, etc)
- Saute the garlic for around 2 minutes or so, don’t let it burn.
- Add the mushrooms, parsley, thyme and continue to cook until the mushrooms have turned golden brown. I usually stir continuously just to make sure each mushroom is cooked.
- Once the mushrooms turn golden brown, add in the 2 tbsp of double cream and pop your bread in the toaster.
- Stir for a few seconds then add in the Parmesan. Stir until the Parmesan has melted into the mix.
- By now, your toast should be ready and waiting for your creamy mushroom mix. I had to sieve my mixture as the butter split, hence why I recommend not using a buttermilk based butter!
- Top your toast with the mix and chomp away.